HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST CLASS:
- Please fill out and print our Yoga Waiver & Release Form.
- If possible, pre-register for your class ahead of time to ensure your spot. (Otherwise, drop-ins are welcome.)
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to allow extra time to settle into a new space. The studio is open 15 minutes before and after each class time.
- Please bring a mat (if you have one), bottle of water and an open mind. (We also rent mats for $1).
- Wear comfortable clothing that will not distract you from your practice. Some people find it helpful to wear more form-fitting clothing to help move easier and not worry about clothing bunching or slipping.
- When able, avoid heavy meals a couple hours before class. It can be uncomfortable to have food in the stomach while moving in more active postures.
WHAT TO CONSIDER & EXPECT WHEN YOU COME TO CLASS:
- Our yoga space is located in the lower level of the Compass Center for Healing. As you enter the building, begin to quiet the mind and know you are entering a shared place of healing. Please be aware that there may be healing practitioners in session, and be mindful of unnecessary loud and chatty conversations taking place in the hallway.
- There are coat racks and a bench available outside of the studio where you can place your items. Please leave your shoes outside of the studio. If you'd like, there is also room for smaller personal items like purses and phones in the studio space--but to avoid too much "stuff"collectingleave what you can at the door--including your inner critic (as best you can).
- Hand in your Yoga Waiver & Release Form toyour teacher.
- Sign in for class in the class notebook. If you cannot find this notebook, ask your teacher.
- SMILE. You are taking your first class! Be gentle with yourself and always listen to your body. Breathe in...breathe out. You got this!
ABOUT PAYMENT & PUNCH CARD SYSTEM:
- Single Classes, Punch Card and Unlimited Monthly Packages are available for sale online. When convenient, please purchase in advance. If not possible, you can make a purchase before or after class. There will be envelopes available you can enclose cash or checks. Please ask your teacher to help you with this process if you have questions.
- At this time we use a punch card system. Whether you purchase an unlimited yoga package or a single, 5, 10 or 20 class punch card, we keep them on file for you at the Studio. You do not need to worry about them, simply sign in each class to make sure that we record a punch for you.